A reference to “WhiteSky Labs,” “we,” “us” or the “Company” is a reference to whiteskylabs.com
Protecting your Personal Data
WhiteSky Labs respects your right to privacy and protection of your personal data. WhiteSky Labs maintains processes and tools to guard against unauthorised or unlawful access, processing and/or accidental loss of your personal information.
What Personal Data do we collect?
We collect personal data of our website users, customers, prospective customers, investors, employees and prospective employees.
The data that we gather from our website includes data that you directly enter either by forms, signing up to newsletters, events, downloading white papers or providing your resume when applying for a job at WhiteSky Labs.
The website also gathers information via standard website technologies that track information such as IP address, browser type/version and operating system as part of gathering statistics and system administration. The website will also capture the pages you view, resources you access or download used for website performance and analytics.
We generally do not request sensitive information (as defined in data privacy law) through the website and if we do this will be done by first requesting your consent.
The data that we retain is only held in accordance with our records management and retention policies and procedures. This ensures that data is deleted after a reasonable time taking into consideration our ongoing relationship with you, the active status of our accounts with you and complying with any audit or other applicable legal requirements to retain certain data.
Your decision to provide your personal data is entirely voluntary, except for any information that is required by applicable laws or our WhiteSky Lab policies.
If you provide us another person’s data you are responsible for ensuring this person knows you are providing their information and have received their consent to share their information with WhiteSky Labs.
How do we use your personal data?
WhiteSky Labs uses the personal information we receive for the following purposes:
- Marketing our service offerings to you
- Data Analytics to describe, predict and improve our website/ business performance and user experience
- Improve the performance and security of our website for you
- Monitoring the use of our website and systems to improve the quality of your experience with our site
- Facilitate communication with you to help meet your needs and expectations
- Recruitment purposes of people who are interested or we would like to be a part of our company
- Identify you as a customer of our organisation
- To respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests and to resolve disputes
- Managing our relationship with our customers and employees
Personal data may be provided to third parties in relation to a commercial transaction or by law, however we will ensure that the necessary steps are taken to provide adequate protection as required by applicable laws.
WhiteSky Labs implements protocols, processes and technology to protect all of the personal data that we hold. We adhere to best practice data security and data protection standards. We perform regular penetration testing and regularly update our standards to ensure adequate compliance.
As a global company, personal information may be transferred or accessible in other WhiteSky Labs locations and we ensure that this is done in accordance with applicable laws and our internal security policies.
WhiteSky Labs employees adhere to a strict data security policy, which includes some of the following activities to help ensure our operations and our clients stay safe and secure:
- Always lock down computers and network equipment
- Keep current on software updates
- Keep portable devices secured
- Immediately report lost or stolen computers & devices
- Immediately report suspicious behavior, both electronic and individual
- Protect sensitive data
- Don’t install risky software or visit unsafe web sites
WhiteSky Labs has a strong objective to protect all sensitive data that it has acquired from being viewed, copied or published by anyone who is not authorised. WhiteSky Labs defines sensitive data as all types of data that fall within any of the following categories:
- Financial and commercial
- Employee personal and medical
- Client-owned and client related
- Internal and confidential vendor technical material
Wherever sensitive data is being managed or stored, it must be kept secure and may not be shared with those who are not properly authorised to receive and use it. Authorised people will usually include those who have a role that explicitly involves dealing with the type of information to be shared. Every member of the WhiteSky Labs team is responsible for the safety of the sensitive data they access and store – and must always check whether someone is authorised to receive data before we send or share it.
Retention of Data
WhiteSky Labs will retain data we process on behalf of our users/ customers for as long as needed to provide services to our users/ customers. We will retain and use this information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. WhiteSky Labs ensure that personal data we dispose of is removed/ destroyed in a secure fashion.
Rights of access to your Personal Data
In accordance with applicable laws and in relation to the processing of your personal data you have a legal right to request the Personal Data about you held by us. You can request:
- Access to personal data that we hold about you. Upon request we will provide you with a copy of this information.
- Amendments to your personal data to ensure it is complete and accurate
- The removal of personal data stored
- To apply restrictions to what processing of your personal information can be performed
- Removal of consent to use any information where consent had been previously granted. This will affect capture of future information and sharing except for adherence to any applicable laws
- To opt-out of subscribing to our newsletter/ marketing information on the site
If you have any concerns regarding how your personal information is being processed we encourage you to engage WhiteSky Labs first to resolve any concerns or issues.
Most web and mobile device browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you require, you can change your browser to prevent or notify you that a cookie has been set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org.
Analysis is performed on your IP and browser information to help us monitor how our website is being used and identify ways to improve and personalise the website content & experience for our users.
The two main classifications of cookies are either “session” based (temporary and are deleted when you close the browser window) or “persistent” based (remain on your device for a longer period of time). Persistent cookies are used recognise your device for return visits and guide your user experience.
In addition to cookies, web beacons may be set by us or third parties in relation to your use of this Site. Web beacons are small image files within the content of the Site for analytics purposes so we or third parties can understand which parts of the Site or Application are visited. This information is used to help understand which functions of the Site are used and whether particular content is of interest.
By using our website, you agree that we can place cookies and other similar technologies on your device in adherence with:
- The following information may be collected:
– Your unique device identifier
– IP address
– Operating System
– Location information (only as permitted by applicable laws)
- We use information from cookies to identify user behaviour and promote certain content based on profile
- If we have sent you targeted marketing emails, cookies can be used to check that you opened, read or deleted the message
- Cookies from third-party companies via our website are very limited and may include Google Analytics, LinkedIn Analytics to provide us with analytics of site usage. Please refer to their privacy policies for more information on how they use personal information
You can remove cookies from your device using your browser menu options. You can change your browser settings to block cookies if required. Blocking or deleting cookies may impact your user experience and impact functionality in parts of the website.
Please contact WhiteSky Labs via the contact details on our website if you have any questions or concerns about how WhiteSky Labs protects your personal data, if you require information about the personal information obtained or processed or other topic in relation to the privacy of your personal data.